The National Academy of Sciences is to release a major new report on cannabis and health on January 12, 2017.
In one of the most comprehensive studies of recent research on the health effects of recreational and therapeutic cannabis use, a new report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine offers a rigorous review of relevant scientific research published since 1999. This report summarizes the current state of evidence regarding what is known about the health impacts of cannabis and cannabis-derived products, including effects related to therapeutic uses of cannabis and potential health risks related to certain cancers, diseases, mental health disorders, and injuries. Areas in need of additional research and current barriers to conducting cannabis research are also covered in this comprehensive report.
In this presentation, the committee will review the study’s approach and highlight key findings from the report.
Click here for more information or to sign up for the NAS’s live webinar on January 12 announcing the release of this major new report.
Last 5 posts in Medical Cannabis
- In Memoriam: Jacki Rickert - January 3rd, 2018
- Patients Out of Time Coming to Canada in 2018! - December 15th, 2017
- Tell The Attorney General: Obey The Law - December 15th, 2017
- Medical Cannabis as a Substitute for Prescription Drugs - November 30th, 2017
- East Coast Cannabis Conference Nov. 25-26 - November 24th, 2017