The National Academy of Sciences is to release a major new report on cannabis and health on January 12, 2017.
In one of the most comprehensive studies of recent research on the health effects of recreational and therapeutic cannabis use, a new report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine offers a rigorous review of relevant scientific research published since 1999. This report summarizes the current state of evidence regarding what is known about the health impacts of cannabis and cannabis-derived products, including effects related to therapeutic uses of cannabis and potential health risks related to certain cancers, diseases, mental health disorders, and injuries. Areas in need of additional research and current barriers to conducting cannabis research are also covered in this comprehensive report.
In this presentation, the committee will review the study’s approach and highlight key findings from the report.
Click here for more information or to sign up for the NAS’s live webinar on January 12 announcing the release of this major new report.
Last 5 posts in Medical Cannabis
- Medical Cannabis Seminars in Honolulu in February 2017! - January 12th, 2017
- Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids - January 12th, 2017
- Urge The White House: De-Schedule Cannabis Now - December 10th, 2016
- Supporting Patients Out of Time - November 29th, 2016
- Honolulu, Nov. 19: The Endocannabinoid System and Cannabis: What Every Healthcare Professional Needs to Know - October 28th, 2016