The Endocannabinoid System and Cannabis:
What Nurses Need to Know
With Guest Presenter:
Mary Lynn Mathre, RN, MSN, CARN, a medical cannabis consultant and addictions nurse consultant, co-founder of Patients Out of Time
Friday, September 29, 2017
9:00 am- 4:05 pm
Holiday Inn Louisville East- Hurstbourne
Patient care is your #1 priority, which is why you are great at what you do!
RN’s, NP’s, ARNP’s in all areas of practice, especially; pain management, hospice, palliative care, geriatrics, neurology, oncology, substance abuse, mental health, physical medicine, rehabilitation and all other healthcare professionals please join us on September 29th in Louisville, KY to learn more on the ground-breaking advancements of how Cannabis is offering a better quality of life to patients.
1. Identify the major components of the ECS
2. Summarize the overall function of the ECS
3. Identify various therapeutic actions of cannabinoids/terpenes/cannabis
4. Compare and contrast THC and CBD
5. Describe alternative methods of cannabis administration other than smoking
6. Describe the interaction of cannabis with opioids
7. Describe the legal status of cannabis under your state law & federal law
8. Formulate appropriate patient education on the safe use of cannabis
9. Develop a personal plan as a patient advocate as it relates to the marijuana prohibition
6.6 CONTACT HOURS PROVIDED BY: The Kentucky Nurses Association (KNA). Kentucky Nurses Association is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Kentucky Board of Nursing 1-0001-1-18-050.The KBN approval of an individual nursing continuing education provider does not constitute endorsement of offering content. Must stay for duration of program to be awarded contact hours for continuing nursing education, provide license number or social security number upon registration and complete an evaluation for the program. Partial credit will not be awarded for any session. And we reserve the right to cancel or alter the program if unanticipated circumstances necessitate change.
Pre-registration deadline: September 25, 2017
KNA member: Preregistered: $50 Day of Registration: $75
Non-member: Preregistered: $65 Day of Registration: $90
(Event registration fee includes 6.6 Contact hours and course materials. Lunch will be provided.)
All payments due prior to beginning of event. No refunds. Registration fee is transferrable for day of event only and can be assigned to a new attendee.
For More Information please click HERE
For Registration please click HERE
Last 5 posts in Continuing Education Seminar
- Medical Cannabis as a Substitute for Prescription Drugs - November 30th, 2017
- Nashville Oct 2017: The Endocannabinoid System and Medical Cannabis - September 25th, 2017
- Patients Out of Time Comes to Kentucky - August 14th, 2017
- Cannabis: Protecting Patients and Reducing Harm - May 2nd, 2017
- Faculty Announced For The Eleventh National Clinical Conference On Cannabis Therapeutics - March 16th, 2017