The Eighth National Clinical Conference on Cannabis Therapeutics
The Endocannabinoid System and Age-Related Illnesses
Jointly sponsored by Patients Out of Time and the University of California San Francisco School of Medicine
Events run from May 8th to May 10th, 2014. The conference officially kicks off with a reception Thursday night starting at 7:00pm—after the preconference workshops. Registration packets, with syllabus, may be picked up at the reception. The registration table reopens at 7:30am Friday (and will remain staffed throughout the conference), and the welcome address begins promptly at 8am. The final Q & A ends at 4:30pm Saturday, May 10th.
Friday Night Benefit Dinner
Dinner will be held on a magnificent three-tier cruise boat on the Willamette River. There will be a dance floor, fresh locally sourced Pacific Northwest cuisine, music, and a live auction. Tickets are $125 ($100 of which is tax deductible). Departure details to come with the ticket—transport will be available from the hotel to the embarkation site.
Three pre-conference workshops will be offered on Thursday, May 8th, each geared toward a specific audience. There will a reception for workshop presenters and attendees on Wednesday evening (time/place TBD). Non-professionals are welcome at the workshops!
- Doctors—The American Academy of Cannabinoid Medicine (AACM) and the Society for Cannabis Clinicians (SCC) will hold an an introductory course on cannabinoid medicine with a certification exam. — More Information
- Nurses—The American Cannabis Nurses Association will present a 6 hour core curriculum on cannabis nursing with a certification exam. — More Information
- Legal—New This Year: Patients Out of Time is offering a legal track for Continuing Legal Education credits. Our legal course has been approved for 7 hours of credit by the Oregon State Bar Association and in other approved jurisdictions with reciprocity with Oregon! (6 Hours General, 1 Hour Ethics.) This day-long set of classes, focused on medical cannabis and presented by the some of the top minds in the country who also have hands-on, practical experience in this field, is the best opportunity for attorneys to learn about this exciting new area of law.
View the legal track schedule.
All registrations gain attendee full entrance to the conference on Friday and Saturday, entrance to the Thursday night reception, breakfast and lunch on Friday and Saturday, and a conference syllabus. Additional benefits vary by registration type. After April 14th, all registration fees increase by $50. Please register early for increased preference for main conference room seating. There will be a simulcast overflow room available.
- MDs— $470 full, $260 day pass
Cost includes CMEs, and UCSF CME registration fee. Grants attendee priority seating in main conference room
- Health Care Professionals— $350 full, $200 day pass
Cost includes contact hours. Grants attendee priority seating in the main conference room.
Special $100 discount available to ACNA Nurses — Not a member? Join here!
- Public— $235 full, $145 day pass
Grants attendee seating in the main conference room on a first-come basis, or the simulcast room
- Student— $125 full
Grants attendee entrance to the main conference room (space allowing) or the simulcast room.
- Day Pass grants entrance to attendee for either Friday or Saturday conference.
- Media registration is also available. Please send us a few words on your medium and publication to firstname.lastname@example.org. Media registrations are limited.
Our conference is right in Downtown Portland, near the Willamette River. Thursday Workshops, Thursday night poolside reception, and Friday Conference will be held at the Portland University Place Hotel, and we have the great opportunity to hold the Saturday Conference at the National College of Natural Medicine
just a few blocks away.
We have negotiated a super conference rate of $89/night (standard) and $99/night (deluxe) at Portland University Place Hotel. This includes two breakfasts (additional breakfast tickets may be purchased for $10). Rooms are one king or two doubles. Pet friendly rooms are also available (very limited, first-come basis), and all rooms have windows that open. Mention Patients Out of Time when booking to get our rate. Please book your room early as rooms are limited!
Have an item of cannabis memorabilia? A piece of jewelry or cool handmade scarf? Artwork or relevant books? Consider donating items for our auction. The value of the item is tax-deductible. Please fill out our registration form. Email email@example.com to submit the form digitally or request a mailing address.
We will be organizing tours of clinics, and are planning activities during conference hours as well for the guests of attendees. Portland is also a perfect jumping off point for a more extended stay than just our conference.
Refunds are less $50 processing charge. No refunds after May 1, 2014.
Help us spread the knowledge by making conference attendance possible for as many people as possible. This is a tax-deductible donation.
Help send a nurse to the conference — Click here!
Patients Out of Time is thankful to financial or in-kind donations from the following organizations. We depend upon donations to make this conference a success and to provide online education following the event.